Butternut Squash Fritters
- 5 cups shredded butternut squash
- ⅔ cup all purpose flour
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 ½ tbsp minced fresh sage
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- In a large bowl, combine the shredded butternut squash, flour, eggs, minced sage, 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper to the bowl, stirring until the mixture is combined.Line a plate with paper towels.
- Coat the bottom of a large sauté pan with the olive oil and place it over medium-high heat. Once the oil is hot, scoop3-tablespoon mounds of the mixture into the pan, pressing them lightly into rounds and spacing them at least 2 inches apart.
- Cook the fritters for 2 to 3 minutes, then flip them once and cook an additional 2 minutes until golden brown.
Recipe adapted from © 2020 Justataste.com